Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Instead of going out shopping at 4 AM like I attempted to last year, Maddy and I slept in till 6:30! At about 11 AM we drove to Grandma Babe's house for brunch. The family group consisted of Aunt Nat, Uncle Lance, Sydney, Tyler, Sako (their chocolate lab), Aunt Paula, Uncle Geoff, Hannah, Miles, Uncle Neal, Emma, Haden, Haden's friend from college, Grandma Sarah, Grandpa Aaron, Chandler, Uncle Tim, Crim, Grandma Babe, Maddy and me. Maddy took a particular interest in Sako the chocolate lab.



At first I was a little nervous about Maddy playing with Sako because Maddy isn't always gentle. But Sako has been trained well and is very familiar with little ones. Our nephew Tyler will turn four in December and she lets him wrestle with her and love on her as only kids can. She is such an amazingly well tempered dog! Not only did she let Maddy pet her, she let her climb on her, snuggle with her, and stick her hands inside of her mouth! What a great dog!

Our day was filled with catching up, good food, dancing, and singing. In fact the girls (Hannah, Emma, & Sydney) did an amazing job playing the piano and singing a song from Journey. Maddy even joined in on the fun.


3 comments:

Mommy Diffee said...

Awe it all sounds so precious! Peyton was around a lab this weekend also but he was horrified! He would start shaking and crying when he would see the dog!

Kit Kat said...

I love the pictures. I miss my family so much. Thank you for posting pics!

Alisa Marie said...

soo cute!

.... you called the right number!!! I just lost your number in the caller id... my fault! But i soooo wanna hang out with you and see those beautiful girls!!!!

GG's 90th Birthday Party

GG's 90th Birthday Party
May 2, 2008