Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans Day Grandpa Chippie!

Reilly, along with every other school aged child across the country didn't have school today. So, during breakfast Reilly and I made a list of fun activities that she wanted to do today.
1. Go to store for craft materials
2. Write a letter to Aidan
3. Work on a craft project for Daddy
4. Make turkey bows
5. Drive out to Buttonwillow and ride on the fire engine
(After I made those Christmas tree and snail bows Reilly said that she wanted to make some bows with me next time. So, we took full advantage of her day off from school. Reilly's turkey is on the left, she did a fabulous job! Next time she said she wants to make a puppy bow... I am so excited that she is "into" bow making!)
We had a great day. After Maddy's very first ride on a fire engine (and I didn't have my camera) Reilly helped Firefighter Pete take down and fold the flags. Rei ended our visit out to Buttonwillow with a phone call to Grandpa Chippie... she left him a message thanking him for being a Veteran... Thank you Grandpa Chippie for serving our country! We love you!
WE SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I've gotta have a girl. I can only imagine what my list is going to look like. Guess I'm going to have to get "into" bug cantching and digging in the dirt.

GG's 90th Birthday Party

GG's 90th Birthday Party
May 2, 2008