Saturday, May 10, 2014

Playroom Work In Progress

Our children's "playroom" is really our family room but in an effort to try and herd all of their toys into one area we call it the "play area".  In my last post I mentioned beginning to organize the toys into bins and laminating labels for each bin.  This new toy cabinet previously held our exercise equipment and was off limits to the kiddos.  But now it's their toy cabinet and I am hoping that clean-up will be easier for both the kids and me.  
As you can see it is still a work in progress, I need another bin for the extra toys on the top left and I need to do something about those electric cords inside the cabinet!  When that's done I'll post an updated photo. 

On a side note, often times I find it such a challenge to get any projects accomplished in a "timely manor" with four kiddos or when the hubby is on duty for 48 hours or more.  I don't know about you but I have a very long list of DIY projects that I'd LOVE to spend my time on but during this season of my life I've been entrusted to four beautiful children that require my undivided attention.  One day all too soon my kids will be all grown up and I'll want the chaos back and messy rooms back and the snuggles back.  Our days are precious.  This time is irreplaceable and a gift from God.  None of us know how long we have here on Earth and I believe that the two biggest resources we have are our time and our money.  I don't want to squander either of those so when I'm feeling unaccomplished I remind myself that I have been blessed with four children, a supportive husband and and a place that we call home.  The simple accomplishment of getting three meals on the table everyday can be just as successful as cleaning the whole house, completing a DIY project, keeping up with a bible study, getting to the gym, having a play date, etc, etc.  If you are having a challenging day just remind yourself that today is a gift and tomorrow isn't guaranteed, love the time you have and make the most of it.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

GG's 90th Birthday Party

GG's 90th Birthday Party
May 2, 2008