Monday, April 20, 2009

Texas

The Woodlands, Texas

All 8 cousins: Back row: Maddy (15 months), Reilly (7 almost 8), Sydney (10), Tyler (4); Front row: Will (2), Garrett (4), Nolan (5 months), Aidan (6)

Maddy and I arrived back in Bakersfield from our Chico trip on April 2nd. We unpacked and did a load of laundry so that we could re-pack for our trip to The Woodlands, Texas to visit the Becky, Justin, and their four boys. We left Bakersfield on April 3rd at 11 a.m. and arrived in San Diego at about 3:30 p.m. We met Natalie and her kiddos at their home in SD, packed up the van rental, and left for Texas at about 5:00 p.m. We took turns driving and sleeping while the kids played video games, colored, and watched a dvd. We traveled across the California, Arizona, New Mexico, & Texas borders. It took us 23 hours including stops to get from Natalie's house in San Diego to Beck's in The Woodlands. The 23 hours seemed to sail on by without a hitch. It seemed that before we knew it we were in Becky's front yard. If only our trip back to Cali was as smooth as our trip over. Our trip back was to say the least, an adventure... we had 2 drivers and 2 sick children. I'll save that story for another day.

I should have more pictures to post when the photo cd arrives.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture turned out cute! You guys got 8 kids all in the same picture, amazing! I still think you are much stronger and more patient than I am. There is no way I would have even considered a car trip like that, especially pregnant!

Holly said...

I too, am in awe of your patience level. Crossing a multitude of states with 4 children automatically qualifies you for sainthood!

Nicole said...

WOWser! You are a brave soul...I drove to Idaho while pregnant (not nearly as far as Texas) and honestly didn't think I was going to make it- either direction! Congrats!!

Mommy Diffee said...

Oh how cute and fun! I love them!

GG's 90th Birthday Party

GG's 90th Birthday Party
May 2, 2008