Thursday, October 2, 2008

God Can Do Anything

God is amazing on so many different levels. He created all of creation and reigns over everything. Almost ten months ago He brought our little Maddy in this world to experience His creation. And when she was just six weeks old He reminded Nick, me, and everyone else around us how powerful He is. He took a challenging situation to bring together many of his children. Friends, family, and strangers from across the United States prayed, and prayed, and He answered. Words cannot describe how awesome God is. He is faithful. He is loving. He is patient. He is merciful. He hears our cries. He provides for us. He created you and me. He is God.

Today I realized that I love to blog about our girls. I share with the world what our family has been up to and post pictures to show how much the girls have grown. But today I want to share how wonderful God is. Even when there are hard times God is with us. Even when it seems impossible God is with us. Even when I think that God didn't hear me, He did. When my prayers aren't answered the way I'd like them to be, God is right there too. Recently I've had something very heavy on my heart that I've been trying to give over to God. I pray about it everyday, sometimes many, many times a day. Today, just thirty minutes after my prayer the Lord lifted that heaviness off of my heart and freed me from that burden.

The heart of this post is to share with the world that God does hear us and He loves us. When we live our lives away from Him he misses us and desires us to return to his presence. I am in awe that He hears even the littlest of prayers. When faced with a challenging situation I am reminded of this verse from Jeremiah 29:11, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" If any of you are experiencing a challenge in you life my hope is that you follow your heart to the Lord and find comfort in Him through his word.

No comments:

GG's 90th Birthday Party

GG's 90th Birthday Party
May 2, 2008