Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stay At Home Moms

A day in the life of a stay at home mom...

When I was teaching I was under the impression that stay at home moms had one of the best and easiest jobs... was I ever wrong about the easiest part! I had no idea how time consuming feeding an infant was, how tiring it would be to chase a 9 month old around the house, how heavy those infant car seat carriers would become, and what an adventure it would be just to leave the house. This blog is dedicated to all of those stay at home moms out there!

I'll begin at Maddy's bedtime. She usually goes to bed between 7:30 and 9:00 PM and she'll sleep till about midnight (plus or minus a few minutes). I'll get up and make her a bottle which she'll drink for about 30 minutes before she nods off again. Then she'll sleep till about 6 AM and require another bottle. Now she's ready to play. She'll play till about 9 AM and then she'll eat baby food mixed with rice cereal and formula. Just before noon I feed her another container of baby food and I give her another bottle. She takes her one and only nap around noon. Again I was under the impression that babies under the age of one slept several times a day, I was wrong. Maddy's naps last anywhere from 1 hour to 3 hours. Let me tell ya... I can get a lot done in 3 hours! The 1 hour nap usually allows me to put the dishes away and make myself a sandwich. After Maddy's nap she is awake and on the move till she goes to bed.

I can hardly believe that she is already 9 months old! She does something new all the time and is such a good baby. I love to hear her say da da and mu mu but her laugh makes me melt. I am so very thankful that I am able to stay at home with her, watch her grow, and meet all of those baby milestones. She had her 9 month appointment last Wednesday. She weighs 18 lbs. 13 oz. (50th percentile) and is 28 inches long (75th percentile). They also gave her FIVE shots and pricked her finger to check her iron! She is a trooper!

Funny story: After Maddy and I returned home from church this morning I was putting a few things away in the kitchen while Maddy was playing with her toys on the floor. I noticed her pulling a couple of toys out of her diaper bag... I didn't realize that she'd pulled her powdered formula out and opened the lid and was dumping her formula all over her legs and the carpet! As soon as I realized what had happened I took a deep breath and smiled, then I looked for the camera. After I cleaned her and the carpet up I had to vacuum out her diaper bag too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like Maddy was making herself a little mid-day snack!

HAPPYHANERHOME said...

A mommy milestone--reaching for the camera before the cleaning products!!!! Go girl!

GG's 90th Birthday Party

GG's 90th Birthday Party
May 2, 2008